Monday, April 11, 2011

So the adventure has begun

I have started my recipe challenge and so far it has been delicious! I would LOVE to post about them but i can't find my camera cable anywhere, so once i find it i shall blog away!

At our church on sunday we had 'harvest thanksgiving' and many people brought gorgeous fruits and vegetables, Alex and I were lucky enough to take home a big bag of figs, a giant pumpkin and some aubergine! Yummm! I personally don't LOVE figs (like Alex does) but i enjoy dried figs so i though i would try poaching them and see what they taste like...yum! I made red wine poached figs (i'll post the recipe and photos soon) 

Dinner last night was pumpkin and peanut butter curry, it was inspired by a recipe somebody told me about but i changed it a fair bit. I don't think I've heard alex rave about food so much.

Menu for this week so far.

-Crunchy Eggplant with Spicy Sauce
-Creamy corn filled empanadas 
-Moroccan chick pea stew
-Pumpkin Risotto
-Homemade Ravioli

Yes, vegan ravioli (so excited)

oh and i'm about to start making some raspberry jelly cakes (pink lamingtons!) Woohoo, can't wait to properly blog to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment