Friday, March 25, 2011

A dinner party for queens





So we have a new apartment and last night i had a dinner party for some of my girlies! 
the menu 
-sweet corn chowder 
-spinach canneloni w garlic bread 
-trifle! 

yum yum yum! 

the sweet corn chowder is something I've.never made but i used a recipe from my mums cookbook! i was worried about it tasting a bit like soy cos its a fairly creamy soup but it was divine! 

the canneloni was pretty straight forward but tasted yummo. my sister in law taught me how to make it- pre made canneloni tubes from the supermarket is the first step. then mix a soft tofu with a whole lot of spinach and some nutritional yeast, stock powder, pepper n salt to taste! fill canneloni tubes and put your fave pasta sauce on top with a bit of water in the bottom of a oven dish. cook in a moderate oven for about an hour then eat! yummy! 
the trifle is one of my favourite vegan things! i layer a homemade butter cake either jam then put a vegan red jelly on!(i use the cottees cold set jelly in port wine flavour). then put banana and homemade custard then my special family recipe of vegan cream!

No comments:

Post a Comment